She’s sold over 5 million records, published two books and won a gold award at the Chelsea Flower Show, but how did Kim Wilde fare on our green grilling?
1. What is the greenest thing you have done?
Planted over 500 trees in my garden.
2. How do you get about from A - B?
In my hybrid Prius.
3. Do you have an eco-hero?
Jeff Hamilton... who opened my heart and mind to how precious is our native wildflife and how the flora and fauna are both beautiful yet fragile.
5. Where's your favourite place to holiday or get away to in the UK?
The Lake District
4. If you were Prime Minister for the day, what one green decision would you make?
I would improve recycling centres - they are not practical solutions for the average household. Other countries are years if not decades ahead of us.
5. Do you have an eco hero?
I think anyone who is doing anything or taking notice of it is a little bit of a hero.
6. Is green the new black?
No green is the new grey, because grey is the new black...haven’t you heard..?
7. When was the last time you used the words ‘climate change’?
Whilst helping my son, Harry, with his homework a couple of weeks ago.
8. Have you personally witnessed any evidence of climate change?
Yes, in horticultural terms the seasons edges are being blurred. Plants and flowers unquestionably blossom earlier.
8. What is your guiltiest green secret?
It’s no ‘secret’ as such, but I do too many air miles. It’s a necessary result of much of my work being overseas - I just hope that this is balanced or offset by some of my other actions.
10. Complete this sentence: ‘We are living in…’
A time for brave decisions.
Back to home >>